What To Expect When You Visit
Jesus taught how those who followed Him were to worship God. He declared…”God is a spirit, & those who worship Him must worship in spirit & in truth” (John 4:24). Over the centuries, men have often abandoned the activities practiced by New Testament Christians for elaborate & irrelevant rituals, based upon human tradition & desire. The Christians of this congregation seek to follow the simple & spiritual pattern of collective worship revealed in the New Testament.
When we assemble, one can expect:
- The Lord’s Supper. The memorial feast of unleavened bread & fruit of the vine, observed each Lord’s day in commemoration of Christ’s death & sacrifice for our sins (Acts 2:42, Acts 20:7, & 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
- Congregational Singing of songs of praise & exhortation to encourage & educate in spiritual truths (Ephesians 5:19 & Colossians 3:16).
- Bible Preaching presenting simple & understandable studies from God’s word to exhort, rebuke, & build faith (Acts 2:42 & Acts 20:7).
- Prayers offered with humble appeals of request & thankfulness to God through Jesus Christ (Acts 2:42 & 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Voluntary Contribution. Our guests are not expected to give a contribution. Only the members are expected to give each Sunday, the Lord’s day, to carry out the scriptural work of the church (1 Corinthians 16:1-2 & 2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
The Lord has directed Christians to regularly assemble (Hebrews 10:24-25). The Christians who make up this congregation limit our collective activities to those for which we can establish clear Biblical authority (1 Corinthians 4:6)